News & Events > Saraband is hiring!
Saraband is hiring!
December 10, 2018
Saraband is an award-winning independent publisher and a member of the Northern Fiction Alliance and Publishing Scotland, dedicated to publishing excellence and to diversity and inclusion. We have an opportunity for a dynamic, enthusiastic and professional candidate to join our small, committed team from early 2019.
We are seeking a full-time Digital and Production Coordinator with:
- Outstanding English language and communication skills, written and verbal
- An eagle eye for detail
- A minimum of a year and preferably two years’ book publishing experience or equivalent (such as a combination of a qualification in publishing, experience in bookselling, publishing internships and freelance)
- Experience of creating and managing social media content and channels in a relevant context
- Experience of, or willingness to learn, digital and production publishing skills
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills and an ability to prioritise
- A positive attitude, friendly demeanour and willingness to undertake a variety of tasks to support colleagues
- The ability to liaise in a genuine, friendly, respectful and timely manner with authors, freelancers, partner organisations and people of a wide range of backgrounds and characteristics
- A proven interest in the editorial areas we publish in.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with all aspects of ebook and audio production and maintenance
- Liaising with editorial, publicity, marketing, the sales team, freelancers and authors
- Liaising with our digital distribution partner for ebooks
- Liaising with our overseas distributors
- Managing ebook promotions
- Creating new content (including multimedia) for website, newsletters and social media
- Production assistance
- Sales support
- Submissions coordination
- Liaising with authors and freelancers
- Proofreading and corrections workflow
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of degree-level education and will have skills in Word and Excel, and preferably some experience of Indesign and Photoshop, in addition to the experience outlined.
The job is a full-time position, based in our Salford Quays office, on an initial 6-month contract with the possibility of extension or becoming permanent, and with promotion prospects. Salary dependent on experience.
To apply, please email your CV (no more than two pages of A4) to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering email explaining why you believe you’re an excellent candidate for this position. Please include your current salary and notice period. The closing date to apply is 21st December, 2018. Interviews will be held on 8th January, 2019.